“What will you do when shit hits the fan?” my dear friend Kane asked me after I had shared my worries of failing in business and running out of money. I don’t worry all the time, but when I do, it gets in the way of doing things and enjoying it while I do it. Kane reminded me that there are people out there who will help me if I ask. Do you ever worry about stuff in the future?
You will need
_Notebook + pens
_A good cappuccino
Set the frame
Divide the page in two. On the left side draw the little cliff diagram as above. On the right make a parachute like below. Leave room for notes.
- Which cliff is this? Going bankrupt with your company? Losing your job? Define which cliff you’re on.
- When will you reach the edge? Maybe you will have to do a little math. Be precise.
- You may not know exactly what will happen beyond the edge but try to describe what you imagine. What are you afraid could happen? This is not easy!
- On the right side of the page, make a list of the ten people you would ask for help.
- Optional: write a short letter to one of these ten, as if you had hit the edge.
If you find these newsletters valuable, you can use the Pay-What-You-Want button below to make a contribution. I will love you regardless.
Hugs and love until next week. Mathias
(Traduction française disponible)